Saturday, September 1, 2007

Chak De India...



Vinay very rightly said that by Sunday morning, there will be a post on my blog regarding Chak de India. He was my roomie for more than 12 months or so, n hence he knows very much about certain aspects of me...and how I digest a movie is one of such aspects.

Today afternoon..saw Chak De India. Good n clean movie. I am not a SRK fan, but he deserves a applause for his role here. I rarely like SRK movies...Swades was the first one, and Chak De is the second entry in that list.

Around 30-40 minutes back, I visited the official site of Chak De, and therein the Synopsis page contained following lines

"...it is not that we cant win. Its just that we have never believed we can."

and I believe, nothing best can describe the essence of this movie, better than this sentence. It's all about believing in yourself...and when one believes in something, then it becomes his/hers passion. Passion, which is hardly to be seen anywhere around us...at least I havent seen such a thing in past year or so. People seem to be doing something, more or less for the sake of it...Its like playing hockey...to get a government flat under sports quota! But, in reality...it has to be about holding that stick...and experiencing the rush of blood inside you. The passion..which comes from the fact..that you are playing for India...you are representing India.

I have been a decent sportsman in last 22 years of my life...of cos, havent played any game @ the big stage. But I do know, what it feels to win...and win against all odds. I indeed had that passion about my game...passion which made me believe...that yes..we can do it! And seeing this movie..I was reminded of our cricket tournament victory in MBA. That was something special. That bunch of 14 players was special...indeed everything associated with that team was special.

Will recommend this to everyone..who has been passionate about something in their lives. May be it'll motivate you to chase that dream...chase that passion.

Vinay...you know me so very well!

2 comments:

ItsMyLife said...

I Believe the author of this log has been highly inspired by the movie . It is good to see that in this generation Movies ... can inspire pepole ..

Deepti Dani said...

Thanks for posting on my blog. Will make sure to visit yours whenever I can.