Saturday, August 23, 2008

Paradox of Disassociation

Had resigned from my job, at Newgen, a couple of weeks back. Reasons were : impatience (read long wait for success in new geography), money, and some of the people!

Post-resignation, life was easy - no tension of work, no time pressures...easy life.

And that's what you need, to understand how much you enjoy doing a particular thing. For close to two weeks, I did not do what I used to do day-in and day-out; and this break actually made me realized - how much I enjoyed doing that.

Most of us, often complain of things being so routine/monotonous for us. However, what we don't do is to pause for sometime and completely detach ourselves from our regular routine for some days. This break actually helps us rejuvenate and at the same time, makes us understand - whether we love what we do or we don't?

It indeed is a paradox that to test your love for something, you need to dis-associate yourself from it. But, we need such paradoxes.

Resigning from job could'nt have been better than this; it helped me get back to my job with more vigour now.

No comments: